This apple cinnamon bread is delicious and easy, and smells like cinnamon toast crunch. If you bake regularly, you’ll probably have most of the ingredients on hand.
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 large tart apple (I like Granny Smith), peeled and finely chopped
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 loaf pan
Mixing bowl and spoon / Stand mixer / Mixing bowl and hand mixer
Dry and liquid measuring cups and spoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg together in a bowl. Fold in apples until well coated and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine white sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue to beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add flour, a pinch of salt and baking powder, then milk.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Cover with half of the apples mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apple mixture.
- Pat topping into the batter with the back of a large spoon.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.